It’s A New Year What Are You Going To Change?
In life, we are all looking for our truths; and one truth is, life is the biggest Business of all.
During this life journey, we have to solve problems, make choices, correct choices and then try again.
It’s the small choices that are stacked on top of each other that create our reality over time.
But, make the wrong choice in life, and you could pay for it for years.
In Business, your company loses big, scrap it and start all over again.
In life, lose big, scrap it and start over again but time is the one thing you can never get back.
So the hope is that you still have time to “fix” your life.
The New Year is here, and it’s like the day after a heavy rain, everything feels fresh and clean.
Also, most of us are excited about the new possibilities that a New Year brings.
However, by March, the clean and fresh feeling has worn off and we are back to Business as usual.
What is Business as usual?
It’s what you do every year.
- The weight you wanted so badly to lose is now a distant memory.
- The boyfriend you desperately wanted is now not worth the time it takes to find him.
- The new job you keep talking about is now too much hassle to look for.
- Or the bad relationship you are currently in is easier than starting all over with someone new.
- The dream life you’ve been wanting your whole life is put to the side once again because it’s easier to work for someone else.
So ultimately, you’ve become “too busy” at work, and for this reason, it will all have to wait another year.
- Do you really want another year like the last one?
- Are you going to spend your time complaining about what you want or what you don’t have?
- Are you going to waste time procrastinating and then wonder why you are broke?
- Are you going to spend another year feeling lonely and desiring romance but won’t try online dating?
Life is like choosing what movie/series to watch on Netflix, sometimes because there’s so much to choose from you just give up and try again later.
But, in some cases, trying again later can take years, and this is not good for Business or your life.
Remember, you are more important than anything else you “have to do.”
So, here is my formula for keeping the New Year fresh so you don’t give up by March and return to the same old habits:
1. Pick one thing to focus on, when you succeed at one thing, you are more like to try the next thing because you feel good about your success.
2. Keep that one thing to yourself. There may be people in your life that don’t understand why you want to do something different so they may have negative feedback.
3. Write that one thing on a piece of paper and place it where you spend most of your time as a reminder of what you want to accomplish.
4. Start writing in a journal, this will allow you to privately release any anxiety that is inside your body so you can feel better about what you are accomplishing. Also, focus on how doing this one thing could change your life for the better.
5. While working on your one thing, try doing an activity that you would not normally do; basically, step outside of your comfort zone. For example, if you want to lose 20 pounds and normally run then try strength training or martial arts.
Celebrate yourself no matter where you are in your life because the better you feel about you the better you will do.
Stubbornness will keep where you are but courage will take you to new heights.
So what is the one thing that you’re focusing on?