8 Tips On What To With Your Life
What to do with my life? This is the question that most people ask at some point along their journey. It’s hard to make big life changes if you can’t figure out the small ones. It is easier to do what you’ve always done but that just keeps the cycle and the stresses the same.
1. Write down happy moments & Past Lessons
If you write down in a journal the moments that make you happy, you will start to see a pattern.
- Doing a certain thing over and over again like organizing then it’s something you like doing.
- Recognizing there is a person in your life that makes you happy may be the start of something new.
- What is it about this person that makes you happy?
- The more you know about yourself the better decisions/choices you’ll make now and in the future.
- Remembering your past lessons stops you from repeating them.
- If you write down your past lessons they will stay at the top of your memory so when you see yourself about the make the same mistake again you go in another direction.
2. Make money from activities you love
Once you recognize the feeling of joy when doing a certain thing now it’s time to figure out how you can make money doing it instead of whatever you’re doing now.
- In today’s world, you can make money and do anything you just need to do research to see if anyone is doing what you want to do and follow their steps.
- Also, trust your instincts, and don’t always listen to others’ advice this is your journey and mistakes will help you to learn and grow.
Volunteering is a way to increase your skills, and build relationships while giving back to your community which will make you feel good. This will help you discover what you love. As a kid, you may have wanted to be one of the traditional things, like a doctor, lawyer, or teacher. But later realized those professions were not for you.
- Community gardens
- Teaching kids/adults how to read
- Homeless Shelters
- Habitat for Humanity
- Animal Shelters
- Hospital holding babies
- Children Sports League
- Recreational Centers
This will give you a sense of contribution and when you help change someone else’s life, you change your own.
4. Become a Traveler
What to do with my life? Traveling is a good place to start.
- It gives you a worldly perspective and learning about other cultures, eating exotic food, and trying new things will make you a more interesting person.
Hobbies are a great way to connect with yourself, and others and break up the monotony in your life that may be stuck in a never-ending routine.
- This is strictly for fun so don’t put pressure on yourself to be good.
6. Start a new relationship
Dating will add fun and companionship to your life if you’re single.
- It’s easy to get trapped in your house and stuck on the couch watching Netflix.
- Sometimes old wounds can block you from putting yourself out there to meet other people. So delve deep to see what’s been stopping you from being in a relationship.
7. Work on a big project
If you have some old goals now is a good time to dust them off and get to work.
- If there’s a book you’ve been wanting to write.
- If you want to go back to school are just take a few classes there’s no better time than the present. Believe in yourself. Goals move your life forward and help you to accomplish things in life.
8. Know your numbers
How much does money spend on your living expenses?
- How much debt do you have?
- Do have any assets?
- Knowing these things numbers will help you plan for the future.
If you don’t make enough money, now may be the time to increase your income by changing careers, getting a new job, or starting a business. Another option is getting a second job to pay off your debt. Also, learn how money works and how to make it grow for your future.
Want more: 15 Ways To Follow Your Dreams